Sports massage is a deep tissue massage that normally focuses on a specific area of the body. It helps treat soft tissue injuries and restore muscle imbalances that can build up during physical activities. It includes a variety of massage techniques to the deeper layers of muscle tissue, aiding circulation and supporting the removal of toxins which can help reduce muscular pain and stiffness.
Benefits of sports massage therapy:
- Releases excess muscle tension
- Speeds up recovery after intensive workout or injury
- Improves muscle performance and body posture
- Helps in early recognition of potential problems, preventing injury
- Increases range of motion in joints and muscle flexibility
- Brings about general mental and physical relaxation and higher levels of energy
- Stimulates mental alertness, brighter thinking and positive attitude
During pregnancy the body undergoes a number of changes. Pregnancy massage is a good way to support both the physical and emotional changes that occur at this time. It can help relieve discomfort and tension that develops during pregnancy including back ache, swollen feet and tired legs.
Benefits that a mother to be may experience from pregnancy massage:
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessens sciatic pain
- Eases muscular discomforts in areas like the low back and neck, and calf cramps. It also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones lose muscles, relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow which helps eliminate toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems. This can also help with fatigue
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes by as much as 15% after a massage
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
A Swedish massage uses a variety of different massage strokes which can help to reduce stress and muscle tension and aid relaxation. It can also help improve circulation, ease aching muscles and can assist in restoring a sense of equilibrium to the body.
Deep tissue massage
Deep tissue massage incorporates firmer massage stroke which are designed to reduce muscle tightness and breakdown adhesions. It assists in relieving tension in the muscles which in turn can help reduce muscle aches and pains.
New patient physiotherapy treatment (50 minutes): £65
Follow up physiotherapy treatment (30 minutes): £55
Pay on the day prices
Pay at the time of your treatment for the following discounted prices
New patient physiotherapy treatment (50 minutes): £60
Follow up physiotherapy treatment (30 minutes): £50
Body Logic is registered with all the major insurers and many lesser known insurers.
Block booking discount:
Purchase your initial consultation and 3 x 30 minute follow treatments at your first appointment for £189.00
GP/Consultant letters: £15
Shockwave therapy: £270 for 3 sessions (recommended)
30 minute massage: £35
45 minute massage: £50
60 minute massage: £60
We recommend an hour for your first massage. Subsequent massages can then be 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
Massage block booking discounts
Book your massage treatments in advance and save 10%:
1 x 60 minute massage + 3 x 30 minute massages = £148.50
4 x 45 minute massages = £180
4 x 60 minute massages = £216
Our small group Pilates classes cost £15 per person per class and are bookable in blocks of five to eight classes.