Meet the Team
Why you should choose physio treatment at Body Logic Physiotherapy
We offer appointment times to suit you with qualified & experienced physiotherapists. We are a local, independent clinic, established in 2003 and with a combined experience of almost fifty years.
Body Logic Physiotherapy is regulated and approved by the Health Professions Council. We are members of and accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice (ACPPP) and the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists.
We can offer you:
• an understanding of why you are in pain
• hands on physio treatment by an expert
• the knowledge to treat yourself, including activities you should and shouldn't be doing at the moment
• help to get you back playing sport as soon as possible
• ways of reducing sports injuries going forward
• a treatment plan to get you back to work or recover from surgery as soon as possible
• an approach to avoid or delay surgery e.g. knee replacement
• treatment and exercises to maintain healthy and strong joints
• an opportunity to try accupuncture; an alternative to prescribed tablets
• access to physiotherapy when you need it
• affordable private care
• the treatment you really need, so you are not paying for any unnecessary treatment.
Your first physio appointment at Body Logic
Your first appointment will usually take 60 minutes depending on the complexity of the problem. We will ask you questions about how the problem started, where you feel your symptoms, what makes them better and what makes them worse. The better you know your problem the easier it is to help you.
Then we will carry out an appropriate physical examination involving a variety of tests and movements. Then we can put all the clues together and explain what we think is happening and why.
Understanding your problem
Often we use models of the joints and muscles involved so that you have a good understanding of the problem and how physiotherapy can help. Most of the time we can start treating you within the first session.
Our aim is to get you better as quickly as possible so you will spread the word! Word of mouth supplies most of our trade!
What to wear?
Ideally, a T shirt for upper limb problems and loose trousers or shorts for lower back and lower limb problems. We keep everyone as dressed as possible at all times! If we are honest, most people don't bother bringing shorts and we can work around what you are wearing... it's not a big deal.