Covid 19 opening update: 19 May 2020
We are now open for a limited number of face-to-face physiotherapy sessions in accordance with government advice and our governing body recommendations.
We have adapted to the new environment during these uncertain times, and our priority is the health and safety of our clients and staff. We are now open part time on Wednesday and Friday mornings for patients who are not suitable for our virtual physiotherapy services. Tom Stukins will be your physiotherapist.
Virtual physiotherapy will continue to be the preferred practice. Face-to-face physiotherapy is only available for patients not suitable for virtual physiotherapy, as deemed by our governing body.
You are eligible only if one of the following statements applies to you:
- I have been experiencing worsening and severe pain for more than 2 weeks AND this means I may need to visit my GP or A&E.
- I need emergency treatment to prevent a possible hospital admission.
- I am a post-operative orthopaedic and trauma patient, and there may be a risk of poor outcome without physiotherapy intervention.
- I am a key worker currently off work due to an acute musculoskeletal problem.
Please be patient with us whilst we try to balance the wishes and needs of our patients with the pressures of adhering to government and governing body advice on reopening face-to-face physiotherapy.
All face-to-face patients must:
- Sign a declaration that you and your household have no Covid symptoms and you have followed government isolation guidelines prior to your appointment. Complete the Patient Covid 19 Health Declaration Form here.
- Complete and sign registration and consent to treatment forms prior to your appointment.
- Bring a face mask and gloves to your appointment.
Body Logic Physiotherapy reserves the right to refuse admittance to the clinic if a patient has not adhered to the above requirements.
What to expect on arrival:
- Please wait outside. At present only one therapist and one patient will be in the clinic at one time.
- We have spaced appointments to allow for cleaning and so you can go straight to the treatment room with your physiotherapist on entering the clinic.
- Your physiotherapist will wear appropriate PPE.
- Your physiotherapist will remain 2 metres from you except when carrying out necessary physical tests.
- Your physiotherapy session will continue as normal.
- Payment, where possible, should be made via APPLE PAY on your phone. If you have to use the card machine key pad it is cleaned with alcohol wipes after each use.
- To minimise all possible chances of contamination, please use the toilet before coming to the clinic and bring your own water.
Physiotherapy for patients in Twickenham, Teddington & Richmond
Body Logic Physiotherapy is a local, independent clinic, established in 2003 and with a combined experience of almost fifty years. We offer appointment times to suit you with qualified & experienced physiotherapists.
Body Logic Physiotherapy is regulated and approved by the Health Professions Council. We are members of and accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Private Practice (ACPPP) and the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists.
Based at Twickenham Green, we are an NHS preferred provider, delivering physiotherapy to patients registered with GPs in Twickenham and Richmond. We also provide physio services for people living in Teddington, Hampton, Feltham, Hanworth, Strawberry Hill and Whitton.
Physiotherapy treatments help people recover movement and function to their full potential. Physio can help repair damage to muscles and joints by speeding up the healing process and reducing pain and stiffness.
At Body Logic, your physiotherapist will take the time to listen to your story, examine your problem and provide a logical clinical explanation so that you understand what is happening to your body.
We then use a variety of appropriate 'hands on' physiotherapy techniques, such as soft tissue and joint mobilisation/manipulation, muscle energy techniques, electrotherapy and acupuncture. We will advise you on posture, ergonomics, lifestyle and specific or general exercise so that you can take care of yourself. It doesn't matter if you're young or old, have suffered a sports injury or road traffic accident, have a long standing back problem or have just had surgery, we have years of experience in treating them all and much more...
At Body Logic Physiotherapy we work with you to aid your recovery from injuries, operations, aches and pains. We will assess you and understand what is causing your aches and pains. We can then provide appropriate physiotherapy to target your specific problems.
Sports injury management
Whether you are an elite athlete or just the occasional gym goer, our sports injury management helps with sore, tight muscles, and help you reach your true sporting potential.
Shockwave Therapy is a clinically proven, highly effective non-surgical treatment for chronic soft tissue injuries. This non-evasive, non-electrical treatment uses a hand-held device to pass a high energy sound wave through the body.
Post surgery rehabilitation
Our Post-operative Physiotherapy treatment helps you to restore your mobility and movement patterns, and strengthen weakened muscles.
Our clinical small group Pilates classes are run by experienced and chartered physiotherapists. With a maximum of eight participants per class, you should immediately feel the benefits physically and mentally. Visit Body Logic Pilates to find out more and book online.
Women’s health physio
Women’s health physiotherapy is a non-surgical treatment for a number of women’s health problems. This includes thorough assessment, treatment and advice for pregnancy-related back and pelvic pain, bladder and bowel problems and prolapse.
Sports massage: a deep tissue massage that normally focuses on a specific area of the body. It helps treat soft tissue injuries and restore muscle imbalances that can build up during physical activities.
Pregnancy massage: An excellent way to support both the physical and emotional changes that occur during pregnancy.
Swedish massage: uses a variety of different massage strokes which can help to reduce stress and muscle tension and aid relaxation.