"First time coming to Body Logic with an incredibly painful lower back after a tough gym session. Body Logic was very thorough and analytical in their approach. They provided me with an analysis of my posture, a sports massage and a written list of various stretches needed in my recovery. I'm already feeling a lot of relief and I'm sure by following the routine provided I'll be back to normal shortly.”
Justine Ducroux — Body Logic client
Our massage therapist is trained in a variety of massage techniques as part of our holistic approach to physiotherapy.
Massage can help to improve circulation and support your body’s removal of toxins, which can in turn reduce muscular pain and stiffness and aid relaxation.
It can also help to improve your range of motion and stimulate your brain to boost your mood and energy levels.
TYPES OF MASSAGE
A Swedish massage uses a variety of different massage strokes to help to reduce stress and muscle tension to aid relaxation. Also known as ‘classic massage’, it can help improve circulation, ease aching muscles and assist in restoring a sense of equilibrium to the body. It’s even been shown to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Potential benefits of Swedish massage:
- increases oxygen in the blood by as much as 15%
- strengthens the immune system
- increases blood and lymph flow, which
- helps eliminate toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems
- helps reduce fatigue and ease insomnia
- eases muscular discomfort such as back pain or neck pain and calf cramps
This is a deep tissue massage that usually focuses on a specific area of the body. It helps treat soft tissue and muscle imbalances that can build up during physical activities. It includes a variety of massage techniques to the deeper layers of muscle tissue from a sports massage therapist.
Sports massage can also help with event or marathon training, and a post-race massage can help to speed up your recovery and reduce delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) when combined with static stretching exercises.
Benefits of sports massage:
- releases excess muscle tension
- speeds up recovery after intensive training or injury
- improves muscle performance and posture
- helps identify potential problems and prevent injury
- increases range of motion in joints and muscle flexibility
During pregnancy the body undergoes a number of changes. Pregnancy massage is a good way to support both the physical and emotional changes that occur at this time.
It can help relieve discomfort and tension that develops during pregnancy including back ache, swollen feet, sciatic pain and tired legs.
Potential benefits of pregnancy massage:
- relaxes tense muscles and can help increase flexibility
- stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system
- helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby
- can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable
- eases stress mothers often feel after the birth